How much can you borrow in 2018. We have listed all the changes to the mortgage standards. Easily calculate how much mortgage you can borrow.
Mortgage standards 2018 partly known
How much can I borrow? The first question you ask when you start looking for a new home. Even if you are going to reschedule or increase your mortgage, the mortgage standards also determine your options.
The mortgage defaults change every year on a number of points. For example, the government is gradually reducing the maximum mortgage on the basis of the home value. Based on the purchasing power development, each year it is determined how much of the income you can borrow from a mortgage.
Borrow less based on the home value
In 2018, the maximum mortgage on the basis of the home value will fall to 100%. This means that next year you can no longer borrow on which the house is valued. You will therefore have to bring your own money to pay the costs of the buyer. Take into account 5% to 6% of property value for, among other things, transfer tax, appraisal, notary, mortgage and NHG.
The times that you could borrow extra for the renovation of the kitchen or bathroom are therefore over. An exception is made in the mortgage standards for necessary home improvements and energy-saving measures. With good substantiation, you can borrow more in 2018. A mortgage adviser can help you with this.
Borrow more based on income
Nibud has announced the mortgage standards based on income. In 2018, the financing burden percentages, or the part of the income that you can use for the mortgage, will remain virtually the same. In view of the expected increase in income, borrowing capacity, especially for higher incomes, will increase slightly.
This expansion of the mortgage standards has already been announced:
- Double earners can borrow more in 2018. They can have the lowest income count for 70% for the maximum mortgage. Now this is 60%. With an average income of 36,500 euros and a second income of 20,000 euros, the maximum mortgage increases by around 10,000 euros.
- Even with a fixed-interest period of less than 10 years, you can borrow more next year, provided that the mortgage is also repaid within this period. Just as with longer fixed-interest periods, it is then possible to use current interest instead of the (higher) key interest rate.
Especially at a later age many homeowners run into the problem that the mortgage does not fit on income. This while the monthly costs decrease due to smaller living or re-housing. Also read: more mortgage for the elderly in 2018.
How much can you borrow?
How much can you borrow based on current mortgage standards. On our website you can easily calculate your maximum mortgage based on income. You will immediately receive an indication of how much you can borrow. Handy if you are going to orient yourself on the housing market or are thinking of rescheduling.
In addition, you can request a comprehensive mortgage calculation without obligation. You then know exactly whether you can buy the house or whether it is interesting to transfer it.
More about the maximum mortgage:
- Less mortgage due to telephone subscription.
- Mortgage options with study debt.
- More hyptoheek for the elderly in 2018.
- How much mortgage can I get?
- How much can I borrow next year? These are the mortgage standards in 2019.